The Community Fund benefits charitable, educational and nonprofit organizations in the Midwest Energy service area. Five customer committees review charitable requests and submit recommendations to Midwest Energy management for approval. Each committee allocates funds based on the number of meters in the assigned counties. The committees may direct funds to activities that focus on youth, arts, education, libraries, community events or other priorities that fall within the guidelines. Awards range from $100 to $1,000 and are granted semiannually. The application deadlines for the funding periods are March 1 and October 1.
Apply- Community Fund
Please read and adhere to the Community Fund Guidelines. You can submit the application electronically using the Online Application form below. If you have any questions or desire more information, please contact James Wright at 620-786-2319, or Jordan Staab at 785-650-2577.
Midwest Energy also offers the Impact Grant Program. This program establishes five $5,000 grants, awarded in August. These grants are more narrow in focus than traditional community fund applications; please read the Impact Grant Program Guidelines.
- Awards are for projects that are $10,000 or more
- The local match for Impact Grants must be on a 1 to 1 basis ($5,000 must be raised or pledged to receive a $5,000 grant).
- Applications to create an endowed fund for a community must have a 2 to 1 match ($10,000 raised or pledged to receive a $5,000 grant).
- Additional information describing the project, letters of community support and proof of matching funds are required for grant considerations.
- The application deadline for the Impact Grant is August 1.
Apply- Impact Grant
Please read and adhere to the Impact Grant Program Guidelines. You can submit the application electronically using the Online Application form below. Email or US Mail James Wright additional information describing the project, community support and the matching funds. These are required for grant consideration.
US Mail: Email:
Midwest Energy, Inc. email@example.com
Attention: James Wright
1025 Patton Rd
Great Bend, KS 67530
If you have any questions or desire more information, please contact James Wright at 620-786-2319, or Jordan Staab at 785-650-2577.